[Once upon a time….there were no mobiles, no tables, no laptops, no apps, no E-Commerce, no crèches, no cartoon channels (only DD –Delhi doordarshan)…What was then?]
Well, then was the big “Play time”..
No no not those “Wild Wild Taxi’s or Dune Buggy’s” but yes going out with neighbourhood friends in the parks to catch on games as “Frozen T-Shirts race, Bean Bag ladder toss ,water balloons ,fishing for marbles or shells from the sea sand ,making of small houses out of the marble or sand” , & so many other crazy games !!
Then there was a big “Family Time”..
No Pinging of phones, No overloading with social media messages /frequent E-Mailers ,so cool were the days ,when complete family sat together to spend some quality time ,be it over dinner or even joke/story time over the table.
Then there was a big “Social Time”..
Ping1 –Hey guys, long time, What’s up??Blah..Blah..Blah…Just chat &that’s the end. We get on month’s to see faces of the one’s who make us happy ,one’s with whom we wish to share our feelings.
Then there was a “Kids Time”..
No Office..No crèche…It’s the perfect bonding for few initial years, an emotional bond which kids long for with the parents, esp. Mothers.
But where has this story turned around? An overall 360 degree turn in our lifestyles, the way we connect, the way we respond, the way we enjoy with kids. Things have moved at a much faster pace than we have realized!
Most of the families are stressed out …they long for a family bonding time, they wish a silent “ME or OUR” time …Here comes few tips to still manage & extract this “Wonderful & a Bliss time” every day –
- Celebrate every festival: Be it Ramadan or Rakhi ,Diwali or Christmas ,Lohri or Tomatoino ,with family or friends ..With so many widespread festivals across the world, pin down festivals every month & enjoy them thoroughly..They are bound to en liven you ,as well as kids (along with “History learning for kids”)
- No phone /Laptops for at least 2 hours: Once you are back home, for minimum 2 hours at a stretch forget the mobile world. Leave it & enjoy your fantasy time bonding & playing with kids, giving personal time to spouse, planning some activities that family enjoys.
- A must Weekend Bonding time : Let the rules break ,let the things be in a mess ,laugh out loud ,crack jokes ,ride bicycles ,play catch-catch or run over games in garden ,pack snacks & go for picnic ,dance ,listen to music..Just let all these things happen & see the change.
- A “me time” : Keep at-lest 30-40 min daily for yourself before you sleep ,read inspiring novels ,listen to light music ,peep out of window to see morning sunrays for some moment ,deep breath in fresh air..These small things will conserve your energy to ensure your radiant smile throughout the day!
- Fun at Basic Chores: Let basic chores as cleaning, making the bed be a Fun activity for the whole family. Involve all, from kids to spouse, set up a time limit & compete the best & the fastest job done daily..Ensure you shell out something lucrative for the little one, for the effort he has put into..Trust me ,time ,energy all saved & working time will turn to “Fun time” ,also the “Bonding time”
- Family Dinners : Once a week go out for Dinner with friends or Family ,not in a hush- hush but sit ,relax ,enjoy the ambience & food ,chit & chat over the table ,let the kids have some of their talks with each other..No discussions over office or bitching of someone..Just a time to relax the overloaded minds!
- High adrenaline activities: At least once or twice a week, indulge in Swimming (along with kids) ,Horse riding , Trekking ,Workout in fresh air ..This can be a complete family affair & is bound to give you a touch of freshness & lively time for family.
- Try to be Kid : Well ,don’t just involve in “Big Games” ,play games as Snakes & Ladders ,Scrabble ,Othello with spouse & kids.. I guarantee, it would a great fun that kids & even you would love! It’ll act like an addiction, when there are giggles & discussions all over.
- A tight HUG: A good & tight HUG is all what your Kid & Spouse needs! A reflection of Love, it gives a sense of attachment & security to the kid .
Guys ,Just try out & believe on me…It can be such a quality time spend together ,It will definitely strengthen the bond not just between child & parents but even between the couples .So simple ,cost free ,close to nature ,Do try & share the feedback & more tips for a great “Bonding Time” .
[And finally, that Once Upon a time –Came back with slight modifications in itJ]
Catch out some more brilliant tips at https://www.rewardme.in/family/family-living