Always in the realm of keeping the health first was what had been induced to me since I was Kid ,engaging in Yoga ,Meditation ,cycling ,relishing fibrous & sprouted foods , was what I had learnt & practiced for all these years .But after marriage the scenario started getting changed as managing Family with Work started to snatch some of my precious time & the time devoted to all these activities suddenly reduced to half. But ,that was not the end ,in past two years ,having a kid in our life has made us drift swiftly & completely from these important physical activities of lives .
Despite concurring the importance ,I could see myself engrossed in all deviations ,justifying reasons to myself as excess pressure ,Kid taking all of the time ,managing home ,work ,kid has become tedious ..Running after kid makes me exercise as much as I did before .But were all these justifications to bluff my soul actually TRUE? All these combinations started & I kept on excusing myself ,until recently I encountered an astonishing incident.
One of my good friend ,a lively &a very jovial person ,although healthy (not overweight) ,but a person who did donate his time to his physical well being every morning ,a person with no vices & enjoying his life. ,Well that’s what we see & perceive. Its not been a month that he felt dizzy ,started having head ache ,lost his stamina ,a visit to doctor opened my eyes rather shocked me ,when he encountered that his 2 arteries were blocked…How? When did it happen? He had a perfect life ,with little kids? NO what? SO many questions cropped up ,with a simple reason ,High cholesterol .. Gauging over & on discussing in depth ,it came up that it was the sedentary life , junk foods he took at least twice-thrice a week in the canteen, sweetened beverages daily ,high stress levels of his job.. Huh !! 3-4 reasons had marred his morning hard work ?STRANGE ,he’ll soon get operated , his wife knows the fact ,somehow she has become strong in front of the world ,but Kid’s are still asking their play time from their dad ,but He is unable to have the same time. This incident shook me in & out & I re-questioned myself ..Why am I or rather me & my husband fooling ourselves ? Same is our situation & any shit day can confront us with similar scenario’s ,God Forbid!
Coincidently ,I came across Saffola Life #Protectherheart initiative with Blogadda, which all the more strengthened my motive by revealing that 2 out of every 4 women are at the risk of heart diseases ..Reason ?Increasing weight ..I would add on few Facts :
- Heart diseases cause 1 in 3 women’s death every year ,about one per minute
- 90% Women have one or more factors which develop &complicate Heart disease
- More women have died of heart disease compared to Men
- Worst part ,64% of women who die of heart attack suddenly have never had any symptoms
- All the more ,African American & Hispanic ,Latin women are at more risk
But ,yes it was the time to Open up eyes ,wash them & start a complete healthy plan .
Quit Smoking & restrict alcohol (if you do)
Next are the measures which we as a couple have decided to immediately –
- Diabetes check up regularly (as it increases chances of heart disease)
- Cholesterol (LDL <100mh/dL & HDL ->50mg/dL)& Tri-Glyceride levels (Less than 150 mg/dl) tested (High BP Chokes Arteries & Tri glycerides are fats which again block & result in improper blood pumping)
- Ensure BP under 120/80 mm Hg
- Healthy Weight (keep a track of BMI -Weight heart test -http://www.saffolalife.com/weight_heart_test.php) –
Few listing’s which me & my better half have prepared for us :
Exercise daily for atleast 40-60 minutes in form of either :
- 20 minutes of Yoga cum Aerobics (sweating must) ,improving Blood circulation & Energy levels
- 15 minutes of cycling (to & fro for garden wherin we would engage in Yoga/Aerobics session) ,Fat burning & enhancing stamina
- A jump in pool for 15 min swim ,reducing Stress levels ,refreshing you up!
If possible ,a night walk of 10-12 minutes ,helping in better & calmed sleep
All these would reduce stroke risk by 20% & reduce coronary heart disease by 30-40% ,Isin’t it a booster to re-phrase your life?
& you know the best part of all??A Quality time ,a sense of calmness ,a sense of betterment ,a feeling of togetherness is when you & your better half engage together in the above mentioned activities! I Guess that a big candy to grab on;)
6.Food Diary is a must – Note down actualy Calorie intake required (many online calculators available) & jot the actual food & its calorie intake (a simple my diary page attached for reference)
- Add more of dietary fibres ,whole grains ,(Fibres+Whole grains ,atleast 3 1-ounce servings a day)
- Oats ,Sprouted moong ,Chana ,more of washed leafy vegetables ,salads
- Soaked nuts ,legumes ,daily morning
- NO entering in kitchen post 8:30Pm (I mean ,Dinner to be completed before 8:30Pm)
- NO junk food except 1 day a week that too only one time for Cheesy Pizza’s ,or yummy Burgers or spicy tikki’s & other meal to be supplemented with light masala Oats or salads on the day of Junk /Restraunt food to balance out the excess calories & fats.
- Reduce sweetened packed beverages (just once in a fortnight) ,better to go for glass of glucose or simple lemon water a day
- Lowering down Salt Intake(less than 1500mg a day) & focus on low Fat –dairy products
Bye bye to regular oils & the shelf should have just Saffola Gold & Olive oils for Smiling heart.
Let’s all read the facts presented by SaffolaLife to #ProtectHerHeart ,Take the test to ascertain your BMI levels ,follow the Exercise & Diet Plan’s recommended & pledge to Walk Together to #ProtectHerHeart ,have a smiling life & smiling futureJ ,Just like my & my beter half’s BMI stats !!