Well ,Halwa’s were always yummilicious since I was Kid ,with all types as Gajar ,Lauki ,Wheat (with sugar/Gur) ,Sooji & especially during winters ,they posed as a perfect Hot desserts .
With the span of time ,with changes in lifestyle ,getting us minimum on Physical work but more on mental activities ,made me health conscious ,so then started a spree of cutting down on desserts for some 2-3 years ,but sooner with the introduction of “Natura –Sugar Free” ,I’v got back to my taste on these amazing delicacies .
Presenting a Low calorie, but a scrumptious, lip-smacking “Sooji Ka Halwa”:
Major Category: Lots & Lots of Love with Natura Sugar Free.
For Measurement -Cup size: 250ml
- Semolina (Sooji) -1 cup
- Ghee (5-6 tablespoon)
- Natura Sugarfree (http://sugarfree-india.com/) 15-20gms (or as per sweetness required)
- Milk (3/4th cup) & Hot water (approx.1.5cup)
- Cashew – 10-12 (cut into pieces)
- Almonds -5-6 (cut into pieces)
Saffron (Kesar) -3-4 leaves soaked in water
- Cardamom powder (3-4 crushed)
Dry Coconut powder (as per taste)
- Pre heat the kadhai for few seconds & pour in Ghee to it ,let ghee melt ,add cashew & almonds & fry until they turn golden –brown.
- Add Sooji to it & keep stirring it on low flame until it turns slight brown (don’t overheat it) & the aroma of roasted sooji spreads across, this will take approx.10-12 minutes.
Once done, add sugar free to it & mix thoroughly.
- Keep hot milk & hot water ready aside, once all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, add milk & water to the dry heated mixture & stir slowly.
- Once mixed, add kesar leaves (already soaked in water) to it.
- Now, let it heat for another 5 minutes, till most of the water gets soaked up.
- Add Cardamom powder & dry coconut on top of it for garnishing
So, here a great tempting aroma generates ensuring that it is immediately served & enjoying the day with some delectable taste (yes with low calories) J