The key to be healthy life is Regular exercise + Nutritional Diet + Meditation +Happy Feeling.
Well, out of this, a lot more focus is on the diet part these days, with the problems of obesity highlighting frequently in the youngsters. Reasons, mainly Junk food, lack of outdoor activities, ignorance towards whole grain foods.
Since kids ,we have been brought up in a very open environment but when it came to eating part ,it was a very strict routine with all nutrients to be taken in one form or the other .Since then ,a balanced diet played a very important role in my life .
Few of the reasons citing importance of a Balanced diet :
1. Happy Mind & Soul : What we eat ,have a direct relation on the brain & its activity .Reason behind -foods release many enzymes ,few of which enhance the moods ,energizes it, while few do not add any value except increase in Fat content. Healthy food means better quality of re-fuel to the brain so, better the quality, more is the productivity.
2. Immune Development & Lesser Stress: Vitamins, Minerals, Fats, Proteins are all essential & certain quantity has to be taken daily to have a balanced body & metabolism. Also, some foods help relieving the stress as foods rich in Vitamin C, Magnesium, Omega-3 by releasing stress reducing hormones & giving a feeling of freshness.
3. Important for maintaining a better weight : increasing the intake of diets as whole grains ,fruits, sprouts ,light boiled vegetables help one maintain optimum weight ,as it reduces the intake of fried & low-nutrient eatables ,which just increase the Fat & Calorie intake while providing zero nutrition.
4. A healthy heart :Above mentioned foods as whole grains ,fibres ,fruits ,not only control body weight ,but also maintain an optimum Blood Pressure & reduce Cholesterol leading to healthy heart!
It’s very popular these days, with the absence of quality time, most of us instead of refraining to Fried /Junk food, are more into it. Hungry? Here we go to have a cheese burger & sip soda/cold drink .These heavy breads ,oily foods ,chaat corners are not just providing enough sensation to taste buds but these are the major reasons for an unhealthy heart & when the waist line starts to increase we consult with our friends & pounce on “Crash Diets”.
So what are crash diets & how do they “Put body in stress” rather than making it healthier?
Sudden aerobics, fasting or relying just on protein diet, or just a lemonade diet or some soupy diet, detoxification programs are a part of crash diets & they prove serious damage to our body.
It can lead to –
1. Improper Metabolism -restriction of regular calories result in lowering of the metabolism & turning of blood fats into body fats & this starts working against us. After a while when one switch to normal eating again, you bounce back & gain more weight because of the low calorie benchmark which was set earlier.
2. Loss of Good Fat: crash diets not only cut on bad fats but good high level fats as well, which might impair the proper metabolism, resulting in loss of essential fatty acids which are important for for wear & tear.
3. Increase in Insulin: Due to low calorie intake while on crash diets, there can be a dip in the blood sugar level, resulting in increase in the hunger. Increased hunger can lead to extra intake of carbohydrates if not fats, which trigger body insulin levels & again an increase in extra fat storage.
4. Impact on Heart: Crash diets have serious impact on heart if done very frequently by increasing the risk of dehydration, heart palpitations & sudden cardiac arrests along with damage to blood vessels.
So with that much of scientific knowledge, let’s turn back to healthy lifestyle & follow the diet our elders did..A glass of lemon juice or Lemon juice & honey in the morning ,Fruits & milk for breakfast ,healthy (not extra cooked) green vegetables for lunch ,curd ,whole grains ,all should be an important part of daily lives.
Honey, (Natural Dabur Honey) a great & natural ingredient with many properties should be a part of your system.
Check out various delicious recipes, Fitness tips, more details & importance of Honey or you could even take an expert advice at http://www.daburhoney.com/ ,Honey Diet.
Enjoy Healthy life!