Planning to travel London on Christmas or New Year? Viewing firecracker show on the New Year besides River Thames/ Westminster Bridge will definitely win your hearts, & certainly for wildlife lover like me, exploring the fauna of London stands as a reason to just pack up the bags & book British Airways Flight directly to London!
Let me quote some 5 famous places to experience land & aquatic life :
- London Zoo: With over 750 amazing species to explore across the zoo, with some live shows, feeding interactions , London Zoo stands as an attraction “Not to miss”. From the Jungle of King – Majestic Asiatic Lion (the new in 2016) & tigers, to cherishing the African Gorilla’s to the adorable penguins & lemurs, to the gigantic lazy Hippos & to the tiniest of “Spiders territory & Butterfly kingdom” ,you can find all the adventure to explore in this amazing zoo.
Not just viewing but it also offer you the chance to get very close to the animals & meet them or have an exciting overnight stay at the “Gir Lion Lodge” to have a roaring experience.
Visit the site: https://www.zsl.org/zsl-london-zoo/exhibits & let the adrenaline rush through.
- London Aquarium: It can be a perfect “Selfie with Sealife” moment for you! Underwater life has always been fascinating & this aquarium offer larger than life’s experience for these aquatic animals in an environment very close to the natural one. This one will definitely gonna amuse you..With activities as “Shark walk” (walking on a glass window to praise these majestic creatures swimming right beneath you), or even feeding the sharks ..It just gives you a sense of “aww” as you see huge Green sea turtles sliding over your head in the glass tunnels:). Those floating jelly fishes, Ray Lagoon’s, Blue stripe Snapper are a wonder to watch. Also you can get hands on, on Starfish & sea anemones to learn more about them. And is your kid looking out for Nemo? Yes be happy you gonna meet Clownfish & Lionfish as well apart from the lovely sea horses (only male creatures to give birth) and much more to it.
- Battersea Park Children’s Zoo – One of the interesting watches out place for Birds & Meerkats! One can even adore the beautiful chrysanthemums & some amazing gardens. Birds as Herons, Cormorants, Grebes ,waterfowls will draw a big smile for sure🙂
Apart from these you could be lucky enough to spot Foxes, Bats, Squirrels climbing the trees;Beetles crossing over, spotting them can actually be a fun!
Visit the site: https://batterseapark.org/ for details.
- Greenwich peninsula Ecology Park – Projected as a wetland, situated long River Thames, this park is actually a habitat protecting numerous species in its lap. It has many man-made water habitats, enhancing the bio diversity of many amphibians as Frogs, fishes & insects. Apart from the views, this park conducts many outdoor activities in spring & other seasons as well which can be rejoiced by kids, a complete day’s plan can be really worthy.
- London Wetland Center, Barnes – An award winning natural reserve, it show cases a perfect biodiversity reserve, sort of rural habitat for the wildlife. It just isn’t the place for wildlife ,even a gentle walk around the gardens & lakes suddenly bumping into nesting kingfishers or some lovely bird species basis the season can be joyful. Just be patient & keep on exploring the amazing insects, even butterflies sucking on the nectar:)
Winters can be lovelier to have a glimpse of pretty ducks as Pintail & Teal or goose or swans.Also they have special guests – Short clawed Otters which can be joy seeing them playing & running.
That’s not all , it also has Kid’s outdoor zone as they foray into the Adventure playground while traversing the climbing wall or enter into the Discovery Zone gaining knowledge via seeing & experiencing!
One can also watch some city farms as Hackney City farm having farm animals as Pigs, Goats, sheep’s, donkeys, chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits. These farms also conduct regular workshops for learning, caring of animals.
And then there’s lot to rock@ London during New year, London gets lit up like no other place giving you unique experience to view the fireworks along with colorful display of some amazing pyrotechnics above the River Thames. London New year eve & the parties are a jazzy affair, one can just rock there!
So are the British airways, the most reliable brand of Britain with great quality of food & service booked? Pack the bags & here we shoot the rocket for you!